|8 Mon||Centre reopens|
|8-11 Mon–Thu||School Holiday Program||Booking Form|
|15-18 Mon-Thu||School Holiday Program||Booking Form|
|16-20 Tue-Sat||National EA Vaulting Workshop|
|12,19 Fri||Excursion Friday||Booking Form|
|22-25 Mon-Thu||Advanced Riders Camp (S4 and above)||Booking Form|
|26 Fri||Australia Day Holiday: Centre Closed|
|22-25 Mon-Thu||School Holiday Program||Booking Form|
|29/1-1/2 Mon-Thu||School Holiday Program||Booking Form|
Schools resume Fri 2 Feb.
|2 Fri||School Term 1 Commences|
|12 Mon||Canberra Day - Centre Closed|
|30 Fri||Good Friday - Centre Closed|
|6 Sun||Vaulting Term 2 Commences|
|13 Sun||Mothers Day|
|11 Sun||Queens Birthday - Centre Closed|
|6 Fri||School Term 2 ends|
|8 Sun||Vaulting Term 2 ends|
|9-12 Mon-Thu||School Holiday Program|
|16-19 Mon-Thu||School Holiday Program|
|13 Fri, 20 Fri||Excursion Fridays|
|23 Mon||School/Vaulting Term 3 begins|
Welcome to The National Equestrian Centre (NEqC)
The National Equestrian Centre's objective is to provide world class agistment, instruction and training and to continually improve and expand the support and services for equestrian activities in the ACT region and beyond.
NEqC provides a professional facility only 10 minutes from the centre of the National Capital
Latest News & Updates
Lvl 1 Horse Management Course
Expressions of interest in this course are now open please contact the office. This is a 20 week course.
April school holiday camps are now open for booking.
Week beginning 16 & 23 April Booking Form
*** Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the National Equestrian Centre in April 2018. ***
More details to follow.
Pony Rides For Parties and Events at you place or ours
Poplar Corner ponies and donkeys are also available to give hand-led rides at big functions and fetes
Canberra's most complete Agistment services
We have excellent shared paddocks, private paddocks (limited number) sheltered yards and stable facilities.
Agisters also have use of all the centre's facilities at no extra cost.
The Centre offers a range of horse riding activities, depending on you interests, we provide the following:
- Equestrian Instruction - from a complete beginner through to more advanced riders including general horseriding as well as specific disciplines
- Trail Rides - trail riding, on Kerrabee, and in adjacent areas
- School and Community Groups - special arrangements for school and community groups
- Holiday Programs - great fun during school breaks!
- Instructor Training - training to become an instructor through our EA Level 1 Program
- After School Riding - Riding lessons on weekday afternoons
- Competition Riding - Participate in competitions with the Kerrabee competition group
- Stages Rider's Guide - Work through riding and horsemanship skills with our Rider's Guide
Vaulting is defined as "Gymnastics on the moving horse" and the National Equestrian Centre is the local centre for vaulting in the A.C.T. Vaulting combines many skills with performances choreographed to music. Flexibility, strength, coordination, team work and horsemanship are all important skills developed through vaulting. It is a great opportunity to gain the connection and advantages of working with a horse while not requiring a vaulter to own their own horse.