- 08-11 Dec - School Holiday program (Private Schools)
- 15-18 Dec - School Holiday program (Private Schools)
- 12 + 19 Dec - Excursion Friday
- 17 Dec - Public School term ends
- 21 Dec - Vaulting term 4 ends
- 22 Dec - 5 Jan Centre Closed
- 05-08 Jan - School Holiday Program
- 09 Jan - Excursion Friday
- 12-15 Jan - School Holiday Program
- 16 Jan - Excursion Friday
- 19-22 Jan - School Holiday Program
- 23 Jan - Excursion Friday
- 21-24 Jan - National EFA Vaulting Workshop
- 26 Jan - Australia Day - Centre Closed
- 27-30 Jan - School Holiday Program
Welcome to The National Equestrian Centre!
The National Equestrian Centre's objective is to provide world class agistment, instruction and training and to continually improve and expand the support and services for equestrian activities in the ACT region and beyond.
NEqC provides a professional facility only 10 minutes from the centre of the National Capital
Our website rebuild is close to being finished. Please have a look around and if you have any comments or suggestions please email us via the "contact us" form or call our office on (02) 6288 5555
Pony Rides For Parties and Events at you place or ours
Poplar Corner ponies and donkeys are also available to give hand-led rides at big functions and fetes
Canberra's most complete Agistment services
We have excellent shared paddocks, private paddocks (limited number) sheltered yards and stable facilities.
Agisters also have use of all the centre's facilities at no extra cost.
Learning to Ride
The Centre offers a range of horse riding activities, depending on you interests, we provide the following:
- Equestrian Instruction - general horseriding, and specific disciplines
- Trail Rides - trail riding, on Kerrabee, and in adjacent areas
- School and Community Groups - special arrangements for school and community groups
- Holiday Programs - great fun during school breaks!
- Instructor Training - training to become an instructor through our EA Level 1 Program
- After School Riding - Riding lessons on weekday afternoons
- Competition Riding - Participate in competitions with the Kerrabee competition group
- Stages Rider's Guide - Work through riding and horsemanship skills with our Rider's Guide
Vaulting is defined as "Gymnastics on the moving horse" and the National Equestrian Centre is the local centre for vaulting in the A.C.T. Vaulting combines many skills with performances choreographed to music. Flexibility, strength, coordination, team work and horsemanship are all important skills developed through vaulting. It is a great opportunity to gain the connection and advantages of working with a horse while not requiring a vaulter to own their own horse.
Kerrabee played host to the 2014 NSW State Vaulting Championsips which were held over the weekend 9-10 August. The championships were well attended, with vaulters from all over.